Gerald F. O'Brien
- Elder Law
- University of Michigan, B.S., 1978; University of Cincinnati, M.A.I.R., 1980
- University of Detroit, J.D., 1985
- 1985, Michigan and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan; 1987, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit; 1988, Florida
- Sarasota County Bar Association; State Bar of Michigan; The Florida Bar; American Arbitration Association.
- Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Gerald F. O’Brien was born and raised in Michigan. He and his wife moved to Sarasota in 1989 where he has practiced continually since that time. He is active in the Sarasota community and has a record of service with organizations including Rotary, The American Diabetes Association, Gulf Coast Legal Services, The Florida Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) Team, and the Sarasota YMCA. Prior to attending Law School, Gerry served as a Business Manager for a corporation headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Gerry is experienced in all issues involving the avoidance, establishment, and maintenance of a guardianship for incapacitated persons, and seeking termination of guardianship if circumstances warrant. Gerry is committed to serving his clients. He believes a lawyer should be accessible.